Take your next Memorable Photo at Monk Botanical Gardens
The Garden is a beautiful place, year-round for photographers to capture nature's beauty or take memorable photos.
The photography guidelines outlined below are intended for all guests. However, a permit is necessary for those who wish to use the Garden’s setting as the background for posed photography or commercial videos. This includes wedding, family, engagement, senior photos, maternity, quinceañera or the like and all other commercial photography/videography.
We ask that you follow a few guidelines that will allow us to maintain the Garden for all visitors and future patrons.
- Do not pick the flowers or rearrange plant foliage for any purpose.
- Do not block the pathways, especially when photographing groups.
- Do not hang clothes, backdrops or other props on plants and trees.
- Do not remove plant labels for any reason.
- Do not bring in any alcoholic beverages.
- Stay on the pathways or mowed areas at all times, keeping equipment and people out of flower beds.
- Pets must be kept on a leash. Pick up after your pets to prevent them from damaging trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Buildings may not be used as dressing rooms and must remain open to the public.
- For your own protection, do not leave equipment unattended
Use of the Garden for photography is open to the public during regular Garden hours. Posed photography is not allowed after hours, on days the Garden is closed, or during specific special events. The Garden is a public facility and privacy cannot be guaranteed. Areas in the Garden cannot be reserved for the exclusive use of any group.
Reservations are not required for posed photography sessions such as family portraits, engagement photos, senior photos, maternity, quinceañera, wedding or the like.
A photography permit covers the photographer or videographer’s use of the Gardens for a commercial session.
- Annual Photography Membership – $75 (valid one year from date of purchase, includes Individual Membership)
- One Day Permits – $30 (valid one day only during Gardens hours)
Annual Photography Memberships and One Day Permits should be purchased online in advance. Purchase by clicking your option below.
Posting a photo online? Please credit us (#monkgardens and geotag Monk Botanical Gardens) and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.