Thank you for being a Gardens Champion!
We need your help!
On sunday, July 21st three of our buildings were broken in to. They took an axe to windows and walls, sprayed fire extinguisher over equipment in our garage and basement storing our supplies for our education programs and broke and smashed anything of value. Most of the damage happened at our newly acquired building that had just been renovated.
Our supplies were not only knocked over, sitting in water but there is a thin layer of yellow dust. This is from the fire extinguisher that was released over everything. This means we can not use any supplies until a professional comes and cleans it, which will most likely be in a few weeks. Any supply that cannot be vacuumed and washed and in some instances treated, will be thrown out.
We have several weeks left of our summer camp program, half a dozen field trips booked and a variety of other classes, programs and events scheduled.
We need supplies and equipment to run these programs.
We cannot let these vandals stop us from providing great programs and a wonderful garden.
YOU CAN HELP!
Please donate to this cause and help us replenish what was loss.
Your donation will help us to continue to offer these programs to our community’s youth.
Thank you to those who already donated.
If you prefer you can mail a check to 518 S 7th Ave Wausau, WI 54401 or click the donate button at the top of this page.
For a list of supplies needed click here.
Your donation will have immediate impact and benefit every aspect of the Garden. Your gift will help Monk Botanical Gardens accomplish the following in 2019:
- Reach over 5500 children with our hands-on environmental education programs—creating an everlasting connection to plants.
- Reach over 200 families that will make everlasting memories while exploring and connecting with plants and nature through one of the Gardens' many family programs
- Offer a new school-break and summer camp program focused on engaging students in science and nature.
- Provide engaging, mission-based events such as our Luminary Walks, Booze & Botany and Dirt to Pot Cooking Series; reaching over 7,000 community members
- Maintain the beautifully established gardens
- Install a new Hosta garden in partnership with the North Central WI Master Gardeners
Click the button above to donate using Paypal
Mail your donation to:
Monk Botanical Gardens
518 South 7th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
When shopping at Amazon, please begin at smile.amazon.com every time you shop and support the Monk Botanical Gardens by selecting us as your charity! It doesn't cost you anything extra. Amazon makes a donation to MOnk Botanical Gardens on every eligible purchase you make. You'll get the same products and prices, with the added bonus that Amazon with give .5% of the purchase price from your Amazon order to the Gardens. You use the same account on amazon.com and smile.amazon.com, and your shopping cart and other settings are the same.