The Gardens are CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC due to the "Safer at Home" order issued for Wisconsin.
The Gardens are closed to the public due to the "Stay at Home" order for Wisconsin.
All of our programs and events have been canceled through May 31st, in compliance with the WI Department of Health recommendations.
There will be no access to bathrooms onsite at the Gardens until further notice.
We will continue to provide updates on our website and our Facebook page as the situation develops.
A Message to our Garden Stewards (3.27.20)
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our highest priority. We are closely monitoring and evaluating the situation around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), including guidelines, recommendations and mandates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the WI Department of Health Services, to ensure we are taking the necessary measures to protect our community's health and well-being
In response to the Safer at Home order from Governor Evers, the Gardens is closed to the public until the end of the order which is currently scheduled to end April 24th.
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our highest priority. We want to encourage the practice of staying at home to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 throughout our community (#reducethecurve).
What are we doing?
- Staying up to date with the latest news and guidelines from the CDC and WI Dep. of Health Services and keeping the team informed.
- All staff are working remotely from home or outside while practicing social distancing. You can still reach staff at 715-261-6309 or email@example.com.
- Canceling all programs and events through May 31st. Anyone who has registered for a canceled event will be reimbursed immediately.
- Developing new programs and events to continue to serve our community in a safe way.
- All committees, board, and staff meetings will be held virtually.
- Some events have been rescheduled to later in the summer.
How can you help?
- Stay up to date with the latest news and guidelines from the CDC and WI Dep. of Health Services and keeping the team informed.
- Avoid contact with others. Stay home unless getting food or medicine.
- Keep yourself healthy: eat, drink water, sleep, and get exercise outdoors (keeping 6 feet of separation).
- Wash your hands and clean surfaces frequently.
- Click here for more information from the CDC on how to keep you, your family, and community safe.
While our usual onsite programs have been canceled we will be rolling out other ways to engage in the Gardens in the coming weeks. The first is Garden Chat with Marissa, Tuesdays at 12 pm starting April 7th-Air Purifying House Plants.
Garden Chat with Marissa, is a live video series that hosts a different garden theme each week. Marissa Ashbeck, Horticulture & Grounds Manager, will provide you with great information and guidance, while you engage her in questions of your own. For details of topics and how to watch click here.
To stay up to date on these new programs that you can do from home or on your own at the Gardens, follow our Facebook page or check out our website.
- Any and all private programs including field trips, birthday parties, and rentals through May 31st.
- Tots in the Gardens, Tuesdays
- Summer Camp in the Gardens Reunion & Open House, April 25th
- Volunteer Orientation, May 7th
- Luminary Walk, May 8th
Thank you for your support throughout this challenging time.